Friday, July 27, 2012

Borrowed Ember (Fire Spirits #3) by Samantha Young

Everything in Ari’s life until this point has been borrowed.
Her human life with a man who wasn't her real father.
A love for a boy who needed more than her to be strong.
Kisses with a Jinn who refused to do anything but lend them out in moments of weakness.
And even her resolve, which seemed to fail her whenever she needed it most.

But Ari is done borrowing. She finally feels strong enough to make hunting Jinn not just a hobby to get her through her dismal situation, but to make hunting a permanent and necessary career. Her friendship with Charlie might finally make it onto real and steady ground if only she can save him from the trial on Mount Qaf. And her love for Jai could be eternal, if only she could gain control over the darkness of the Seal within her.

Ari believes all of this is doable. That finally she will truly own the relationships in her life and to a certain extent have ownership over her future.

But none of that matters when it isn't up to her…

…For high in the emerald mountains of Mount Qaf, the Sultan Azazil has been keeping secrets.
Even from the Jinn Kings.
Secrets that will change everything… and bring Ari to the crashing realization that once again…

… she’s borrowed something that will never truly belong to her.

Something that is desperate to be unleashed.
Something that could destroy them all.


Where to find more info:


Fire Spirits Blog



Shelley's Review
I absolutely LOVE this series! Each installment draws me in further and further. I get more and more attached to these characters, especially Ari and Jai. Aw, Jai! *fanning self* If only men in the real world had growth like this one. We'd all be a whole lot happier. Just sayin, guys.
Anyway...Sam wastes no time throwing us back into the action of the Fire Spirits. We meet up with Ali right where we left off. With everything up in the air and everyone's life at stake, this book has you on the edge of your seat the entire time. I couldn't read it in one (or two) sittings and man, I just really didn't want to stop reading until I reached the end, but alas life calls sometimes and you have no choice. That's not to say I didn't whine and complain. I. Did. Not. Want. To. Put. It. Down. So much happens in Borrowed Ember. Much of it heartbreaking and somewhat astonishing...Sam does not back away from tragedy and I think she may even enjoy torturing us as well as her characters. <I know you're reading this, Samantha!> But there is also some serious romance here. And it's HAWT! And heartwarming. And...well, yeah, it's good. And a little bromance. Yay, TREY!
So, needless to say it's another roller coaster ride. I laughed. I cried. I got angry, screamed and cheered. It was emotional, full of action, surprises and revelations. And I loved every word of it. I just can't wait to see what's in store in Darkness, Kindled.

Kathryn's Review
Ah, where do I begin?  I guess first I want to say that Sam Young is a brilliant writer and everything that I have read by her has been phenomenal.  So, now, I am now ALWAYS eager to get my hands on something she has published...
With that said, let me tell you about Borrowed Ember.  This is the third book in the Fire Spirits series and WOW!!! From start to finish, you are just blown away at everything that happens in this book. I was so excited when this book came out and being able to pick up with Ari because at the end of Scorched Skies, we were left wondering what was going to happen to Charlie, her best friend.  And YAY!!  Borrowed Ember picks right up from where Scorched Skies left off and in no time, we are thrust back in to the world of the Jinn.  So much happens in this book that truly you are glued to it throughout just to make sure you don't miss any details.  
Once we learned about Charlie, the turmoil heats up and we follow Ari through a series of events that is nail-biting, heart-wrenching, terrifying, yet at the same time having some fun, passionate moments with our hero of Borrowed Ember, Jai.  Oh Jai, he is the guy that every girl wants.  And the love story between these two fills your heart making you crave more when the book ends.
And sadly, yes, the book ends...and as I already mentioned above that I am now ALWAYS eager to get my hands on anything Sam Young has written, so, I am absolutely DYING to read Darkness, Kindled.  I LOVE these characters and falling in to their world.  It is unique, intriguing, fascinating, and it completely overwhelms you with a storyline so powerful, that you won't put it down.  
Borrowed Ember is a GREAT read.  If you haven't started this series yet, Go out TODAY and get Smokeless Fire, book one and get started....I HIGHLY recommend this series and of course this book!!!


We both give Borrowed Ember:


=SCORCHER

No comments:

Post a Comment