So after talking to Nely and deciding what would be great to bring to you guys, we decided on giving you 10 things you 10 Things You didn't know about Creatura!!
You will love this...just take a look and see how Creatura was started and more...
10 Things YOU Didn't Know about CREATURA
- Creatura was originally supposed to be a short story.
- The main character, Isis, is based on my sister’s appearance.
- I’ve had dreams of a boy (now, a man) named David since I was 10. He was how the idea for the book developed.
- Galen’s personality is based on my brother’s.
- The house that David and his family live in actually does exist. The estate is called “Los Ebanos Preserve”. I was lucky enough to visit three times while writing the book—for inspiration.
- Claire, Isis’s mother, is named after Molly Ringwald’s character in The Breakfast Club.
- Officer John Mendiola is a character in the book named after my dad, brother and grandfather.
- Officer Tomas Ramirez is a character in the book named after my other grandfather, uncle and my cousin.
- My sister Krystle and her BFF, Sheila, are mentioned as Isis’s best friends in the book. Their friend Patrick also has a cameo.
- I wrote the book while listening to “Love lockdown” and “Amazing” by Kanye West over and over again.
A sacrifice for love, a shocking discovery and a jealous ex-boyfriend blur the lines between reality and dreams, making it hard to tell who the real monsters are.
Who would’ve known…that sometimes love is lethal?
Nely Cab was born on December 9, 1974, in Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico. She has lived and resided in South Texas most of her life. In 2001, the author relocated to Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, where she dedicated time to the study of culinary arts and the art of oil painting.
After her return to the U.S., she resumed her employment in banking and in the following year transitioned to the field of Social Work. Later, Nely took up writing as a hobby and produced her first novel entitled "Creatura".
Last year, the rights to "Creatura" were sold to a leading Young Adult publisher in a foreign country, where it has just recently been released.
Today, Nely Cab writes from the comfort of her home in South Texas, where she lives with her husband and son. Currently, Nely is working on the second installment in her debut series "Creatura".
a Rafflecopter giveaway