Tuesday, November 19, 2013

PAWN by Aimee Carter (ARC Review)



YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.
If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.
There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand.




The very unofficial author biography.

I attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and received a degree in Screen Arts and Cultures (a fancy way of saying I was forced to watch a lot of old movies) with a subconcentration in Screenwriting. I write. I watch a lot of new movies. Read a lot of books. Tweet too much. Love dogs and have two spoiled Papillons.
I'm represented by the magical Rosemary Stimola of Stimola Literary Studio, and on very rare occasions I blog over at WordPress. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

 You can Pre-Order Pawn here:

OH WOW!!!
Can I just say that the world that Aimee Carter created in PAWN is so unique and intriguing that I am in total AWE over what I just read.

Dystopian novels have really exploded lately and sometimes you feel like you can have a good idea of what is going to happen in them.  At least for me I do.
But, the first few chapters of PAWN completely had me going OMG over and over.
This new world in which we meet Kitty in is very disturbing and quite frightening when you dig in deep and find its secrets.  My stomach was in knots worrying about what was going to happen to Kitty.  I was nervous as to whether she would lose her love, Benjy, as well as never see him again.
I should have known it wouldn't go the way I was expecting.  Aimee Carter turned the story on me abruptly and I was like...HOLY CRAP...did that just happen???
Yep, a good slap across the face showed me I was headed in a new direction and this journey that Kitty was on was deceitful and gut-wrenching.  

Thrown to the wolves, you struggle with Kitty to find out who you can trust, what decisions do you make to insure your own life, and question everything...
I was totally amazed at every aspect of this book.  Brilliantly written with well developed characters, you are drawn to the tale immediately.  With explosive twists and turns, you are kept on the edge of your seat, dying to find out what happens.  Every guess you may have as to how this book may go is completely thrown out the window at every turn you take and I absolutely love being captivated until the very end...
I CANNOT wait until the next book comes out..
Definitely a must read!!!

ARC provided by Netgalley


No comments:

Post a Comment