My name is Reagan Wilcox: high school senior by day, kick-ass investigative journalist by night. I’ve always loved observing people—especially when they think no one is paying attention. I thought I was ready to cover any story. Work any angle. Nothing could have prepared me for what happened that night. I wasn’t ready for what I saw. And I certainly wasn’t ready for him. I always knew I’d write the headlines. Now, I just might become one.
5 Things you should know about Marco
1) Marco comes from a large Italian American family. His great-grandmother immigrated to America in 1912 at Ellis Island with her husband. The only things they brought with them were the clothes on their backs and her recipe for homemade meatballs. She sold meatball sandwiches to the dock workers for five cents each, and eventually saved enough to open their own restaurant in Brooklyn. Marco’s aunt taught him to make the same meatballs when he was five, and they’re still his favorite food.
2) Marco hates organized sports, but loves to run. He finds it stress relieving and a good way to quiet his thoughts—and his temper. He runs every day at five in the morning, and sometimes late at night too. He *may* happen upon Reagan’s street from time to time (*cough* every time) just to check in on her and make sure she’s safe (and make sure there are no guys there that he needs to beat the shit out of).
3) Marco’s favorite type of music is Alternative Rock, setting him apart from all the country boys in Tennessee. He could care less about Dierks Bentley or Miranda Lambert. Give him some Awolnation or Fall Out Boy any day.
4) He might come off as a loner, but it’s mostly because he’s an introvert. Growing up as an only child, moving several times throughout his childhood, and other kids being afraid of him and his family made it the perfect storm for becoming an introvert.
5) Marco aspires to be chef, like his aunt, and own a chain of Italian restaurants. He even dreams of manufacturing and selling his great-grandmother’s meatballs in grocery stores one day so that everyone can have a taste of what real Italian food is supposed to taste like, not the canned sauce and frozen meatball slop a lot of places are passing off as “authentic.”
Sarah started her obsession with reading at an early age, often sneaking BabySitter Club and Nancy Drew books into math class. She would read any book she could get her hands on. Her love of reading quickly evolved into a love of writing and stories began to pour out of her. She grew up in Pittsburgh, graduated from The University of Pittsburgh with a degree in English, and taught 8th graders to love reading as much as she does for several years. Sarah will always be a proud member of the Steelers' Nation, but couldn't take the cold and moved her frozen tush to Florida where she now lives with her family and two cats. You will find her now with her trusty Kindle in hand and toes in the sand! Sarah's debut novel, AWAKEN, released in January, 2012. Other novels include AVENGE, ATONE, ECHO OF AN EARTH ANGEL, and INHALE EXHALE.
Website | Twitter| Facebook | Author Goodreads |
What a thrilling suspenseful read!!!
From start to finish you are wrapped up in Reagan's life. A girl who likes to fly under the radar...hoping to write the next huge headline....this girl has a nose for weeding out secrets..
BUT....what she never thought was that she was going to be the one to have to keep a secret AND know that keeping it will be what saves her life..
Now...we all know keeping secrets usually doesn't play well...something is bound to happen to show that you know something...
So, what happens in Never Gonna Tell that has Reagan in a complete mess??
Ahhhh!!!! Sarah Ross did a brilliant job on writing such an intriguing suspenseful drama... I was biting my nails, holding my breath, DYING to know how everything would come together at the end...
And then we meet Marco...OMG...he is the bad boy...but when you really get to know him??? *sighs* WOW!! I am just swooning over him...
Man..I was on the edge of my seat with the awesomeness of this book...I highly recommend that you pick this one up and discover it for yourself!!!