Monday, July 2, 2012

Black Dawn (Morganville Vampires #12) by Rachel Caine

"With its eclectic mix of vampire and human citizens, Morganville, Texas, has always been a risky place to call home. But with the invasion of the vampire's deadliest enemy, Morganville isn't just in danger--it's dying..."

Ever since the draug--mysterious creatures that prey on vampires--took over Morganville, the lives of student Claire Danvers and her friends have been thrown into turmoil. Most of the town's residents have evacuated, but Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael have chosen to stay and fight.Using the city's water system to spread, the draug have rapidly multiplied. Things in Morganville look grim, especially since vampire Amelie--the town founder--has been infected by the master draug's bite. Now, if Claire and her friends don't figure out how to cure Amelie and defeat the draug, it looks like Morganville will become little more than a ghost town...

Where to find more info:

Kathryn's Review
Oh WOW!!  Now on book 12 and never a dull moment in any of these books... Does that scream phenomenal??  HELL YES!!  I have been impressed with this series and as each new book comes along, I am captivated from the first page and don't put it down...
Black Dawn doesn't disappoint either.  It picks up right where Last Breath left off and  we are thrust in to Claire's world with the twists and turns, suspense, and intrigue that you are accustomed to and keeps you  enthralled... dying to find out what is going to happen to our beloved characters... And I was biting my nails with worry and just plain nervous with each scene that passed until I reached the end... Plus, just like the previous book, we are getting glimpses in to other characters' POV & I enjoy that... I mean, I really love Claire and of course Shane... But, it is good to see events happen from someone else's POV.  But, I do have to say... I don't know, but as time as gone on... Eve is starting to irritate me... I really liked her before, but in the last two books.. She is just become more annoying to me... That could be storyline and seeing her character change and do things that I just don't find as her... Overall though, that doesn't take away from these books by any means...
So, as I made it to the end, things are tidied up and we get a small glimpse in to a little HEA that happened for two of the characters, but... And this is huge... I believe Morganville is in for some MAJOR changes and that may not be good for our little quartet in Glass House...
Now, of course, it does leave me dying of eagerness for the next installment... Rachel Caine is a fantastic writer and this series has blown me away!!
Definitely recommend you pick up this book if you haven't already AND if you haven't started this series... START TODAY!!!


=SCORCHER

No comments:

Post a Comment