Tuesday, December 31, 2013

FAB FIVE of 2013: TITLES

On to our next day of looking back at the year 2013...
Today we decided to look at books that had a title that caught our eye and made us think about it over and over...
So, check out our list and let us hear your thoughts...



Another tough category. And one that makes me question why Kathryn lets me make any decisions. LOL. I'll blame the flu on not being more creative here. There were several titles I threw on my Most Wanted lists just for the title alone. Unfortunately I couldn't find all of those lists but here's what I could recover..

1. Uses For Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt



You know it caught your eye too. And this book sure got a lot of buzz. I never got around to reading this one but I did snag it for the never ending TBR pile. 

2. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke



I know this was a biggie in a lot of blogger circles, but I tend to not look at upcoming lists until the week or so before, so this wasn't on my radar. Frankly, I missed a lot this year with some of the things life threw at me. I just wasn't "in the know". Still, this captured my attention in one of my Goodreads searches. And then the COVER and synopsis blew me away. I was thrilled to learn April resided in Oregon- and even more thrilled when I got to meet her at our annual Wordstock Fest. She. Was. AWESOME. You all MUST add this to your to-read list if you haven't already.

3. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys



First thought? Speak Easys? New Orleans? Yes, please!

4. The F- It List by Julie Halpern



After reading the synopsis it's not at all what I expected. I haven't read any of Julie's other books but it is a subject a little too close to home for me to tackle yet. Still, it really intrigues me. 

5. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake



I'm all about the goddesses so I had to know what this was all about. Turned out to be one of my top reads of the year.


Ahhhh...a hard category indeed...
Just by looking at the words themselves and being drawn in...
Again...I am only looking at the books I have read this year and these are the ones whose titles intrigued me; captured my attention right off the bat...
And in no particular order...

1.  PLAYING PATIENCE by Tabatha Vargo

The title here really made me think so many things about how are we going to be "playing patience".
Never in my mind was I ready for what this book had in store for me...AMAZING READ....loved every single page I read...

2.  AnguiSH by Lia Felix

A one word title that says so much...and even though it is the word anguish, I feel that the way the letters ASH are capitalized and the rest not weigh heavy on the lure of this title...Just brilliant and again...and AMAZING read....

3.  SMASH INTO YOU by Shelly Crane

This title is one of those where I ask..do I take this literally or metaphorically??
It drew me in questioning the lives of these people and why they are being smashed together...
I loved it and the title made perfect sense with this AWESOME book...

4.  CALL ME CRAZY by Quinn Loftis

This book blew me away and by the title alone I would have never have guessed what the pages held...
It made me think of fun lively upbeat when in turn it had a whole different take...
POWERFUL and EMOTIONAL book that I just loved...

5.  VAIN by Fisher Amelie

Another title in which it is only one word but yet it says soooo much...
Vain...what could a book with this title give to me???
Well, I am just going to say...OMG it was PHENOMENAL!!


Well, there are our FAB FIVE TITLES of 2013...
What are some of yours that you would add to this list???

No comments:

Post a Comment