We've signed ourselves up for another challenge. One we plan to hit records for. As in... ELIMINATE. Divide and CONQUER. DEMOLISH. Haha. Let's just say the lists on this one are... ridiculous. We've done it to ourselves. Wished. Hoped. Dreamed. And then crammed our shelves (and e-readers), FULL with these titles we absolutely could not live without. And then we ignored them. Not on purpose. Not to be cruel. Although at times it was torture for us to peek at their covers and know we just didn't have time to pluck them off that sad, dusty shelf and give them the undivided attention they deserved.
What are we going on about? Well the TBR Pile Reading Challenge of course. 6 AMAZING Hosts. Link ups. Giveaways!!! What a fun way to get those unread must haves, ARC's and, contest wins finally off that HUMONGOUS TBR pile. Oh come on, you know yours is HUGE too. And guys, this is one place where size is not better. We must take control over these ever growing monstrosities...The piles of books, people. Not the books themselves. They're all quite lovely, actually. (Hello, we are cover ho"s!)
Welcome to 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge!!!
6 BLOGGERS, 12 MINI-CHALLENGES, 24 BOOKS TO WIN!!!
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up..
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance.. This is your chance! And there are PRIZES!!! :D
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you've read! (On your blog, Amazon or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 and earlier! NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge. (If you don't have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - a box of books.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
(how many books you're planning to read for this challenge in 2013)
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
January 20th: Evie @Bookish (www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com)
February 20th: Rachel @Fiktshun (http://www.fiktshun.com)
March 20th: Justin @Justin's Book Blog (http://www.justinsbookblog.com/)
April 20th: Tiffany @Escaping.. One Book At A Time (http://escapingonebookatatime.blogspot.com/)
May 20th: Bonnie @Words At Home (www.wordsathome.ca/)
June 20th: Justin @Justin's Book Blog (http://www.justinsbookblog.com/)
July 20th: Emily @Doodle's Book Blog (doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/)
August 20th: Tiffany @Escaping One Book At A Time (http://escapingonebookatatime.blogspot.com/)
September 20th: Rachel @Fiktshun (http://www.fiktshun.com)
October 20th: Emily @Doodle's Book Blog (doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/)
November 20th: Bonnie @Words At Home (www.wordsathome.ca/)
December 20th: This one will be posted on all the blogs. There will also be a huge BOX OF BOOKS giveawayand this time you can link up ALL YOUR TBR Pile REVIEWS you wrote for the entire month!
Anyhoo- we've made our preliminary lists of those we'd like to tackle. Expect many changes throughout the year. We're fickle ya know. And our moods change with the wind...as does that damned TBR.
What level are we shooting for? Well anything more than A Firm Handshake...
Hardcovers and paperbacks:
1. Beautiful Chaos/Beautiful Redemption
2. Before I Wake
3. Tin Swift
4. GunMetal Magic
5. The Diviners
6. The Scorpio Races
7. Black Heart
8. Clockwork Prince
9. The Immortal Rules
Gifted and MUST READ ASAP (Or suffer painful death by glare across continents) Fantasy Lover Dream Hunter Half Blood.....Thank you, Chantal! Love you!!!
1. Beautiful Disaster
2. Mark of The Witch
3. The Childe
4. Prince of Wolves- Everything by Quinn
5. Meant to Be- Everything by Tiffany 6. Witch Eyes
7. Down to You- Everything by Michelle 8.
Anathema- Everything by Kathleen
9. Significance- Everything by Shelly 10. Catching Jordan
12. Things I Didn't Say
See a pattern here? Kathryn read and RAVED about a few certain Indie authors. I downloaded nearly everything, but since I suck at time management, I never got to any of them. *hangs head in shame* But that's why we're here right? Yes, the goal is to remedy all that and move along- in other words, start a NEW pile.
Hardcovers and Paperbacks:
Wings of the Wicked
Blood Like Poison
This is just to name a few....
Miss Me Not
The Vincent Boys
Pushing the Limits
Bared to You
Two Weeks Notice
The Fallen Star
The Secret of Ella and Micha
Again....this is just to name a few.....
Ok...WOW!!! I am going to be reading....reading.....reading....just to make sure I get more than that FIRM HANDSHAKE...LOL!!!
GOOD LUCK and HAPPY READING!