Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London

I am so excited to bring this book to all of you...Thank you so much to Heather Riccio at Entangled Publishing for allowing me the chance to read and shout the fabulousness of the book...
So, Scroll through and read my review...Leave a comment and let me know what you think....
~Kat
Spring Honeycutt wants two things: to ace her sustainable living thesis and to save the environment. Both seem hopelessly unobtainable until her college professor suggests that with a new angle, her paper could be published. Spring swears she’ll do whatever it takes to ensure that happens.“Whatever it takes,” however, means forming a partnership with the very hot, very privileged, very conceited Henry Knightly.
Henry is Spring's only hope at publication, but he's also the über-rich son of a land developer and cash-strapped Spring’s polar opposite. Too bad she can't help being attracted to the way he pushes her buttons, both politically and physically. As they work on her thesis, Spring finds there's more to Henry than his old money and argyle sweaters…but can she drop the loud-and-proud act long enough to let him in? Suddenly, choosing between what she wants and what she needs puts Spring at odds with everything she believes in.
Definitely, Maybe in Love is a modern take on Pride and Prejudice that proves true love is worth risking a little pride.





Ophelia London was born and raised among the redwood trees in beautiful northern California. Once she was fully educated, she decided to settle in Florida, but her car broke down in Texas and she's lived in Dallas ever since. A cupcake and treadmill aficionado (obviously those things are connected), she spends her time watching arthouse movies and impossibly trashy TV, while living vicariously through the characters in the books she writes. Ophelia is the author of ABBY ROAD, the Perfect Kisses series including: PLAYING AT LOVE, SPEAKING OF LOVE, and "untitled #3" (coming Jan 2014). Her first new adult novel, DEFINITELY, MAYBE IN LOVE, will launch on Oct 28th. Visit her at www.ophelialondon.com. But don't call when The Vampire Diaries is on...


I have to start by saying that I started this book and in two hours had ¾ of it read…I was immediately sucked in and the only reason I stopped was because I HAD TO GO TO BED….

Usually I wouldn’t go to sleep when a book is this AWESOME…but I do have a job that entails me being awake and attentive…LOL!!!
Anyway, the instant connection that I felt with Spring was what surprised me.  She is a fabulously written character that encompasses so many personality traits that you are constantly enjoying every interaction she has.  She can be snarky and humorous all the while showing her intellect, as well as being guarded and withdrawn, but these attributes are only half of who she is…
While we meet one girl at the beginning we find someone else by the end.  Is it a complete transformation?? Well, I won’t say…but I can tell you that not one single moment did I feel like it was dull, boring or did I skip through to find something more intriguing.
Spring captured your attention the minute she entered the room and this was evident the moment we meet Henry Knightly…Just mentioning his name right now…..AHHHHH….OMG…the absolute MAN OF MY DREAMS!!!!

Ok..ok Kat…back to the review…You can daydream later....*wipes drool from my mouth*

So, we meet Henry and he is the complete opposite of Spring.  From their backgrounds in growing up to their view on the world, these two rarely saw eye to eye…
Now, this really made for some comical and climactic moments.  Henry and Spring debated like no one else and they both could back up their arguments…but it was the fact that each person was able to be open minded that shows you exactly how phenomenal this story is…
It flowed and pivoted exactly when it needed to.  Giving me exactly what I needed to keep me enthralled….
The relationship between Henry and Spring is one that will be told for ages…it is EPIC…their chemistry literally EXPLODES off the pages and all you can feel is the emotions emanating from them…I can't tell you how many times I would yell at Spring telling her to SHUT UP and just LISTEN for a minute...but that is just one more aspect of who she is that you absolutely LOVE...

It is truly a story of give and takes, of two people opening up and discovering that there is so much more than the world they have painted for themselves.
Definitely, Maybe in Love is a passionate love story that grips your heart with a stunning well developed cast of characters.  Each orchestrated perfectly to enhance the stellar tale being told within these pages...
From start to finish, this book has plagued my thoughts and my only regret is that I read it too fast...But I will be reading this again, savoring every single moment....
I highly...HIGHLY recommend this book...
It makes my top reads of the year so far...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment