Thursday, January 2, 2014

FAB FIVE of 2013: New Authors We Discovered

We have a new category today and we wanted to showcase some authors that we discovered in the year 2013...
Now they may have been around for a while, but for us, we just found them this year...
So, check out our lists...tell us what you think and suggest any authors that we can get to know in the year 2014...


This is a great category...I am excited about this one...While I have read some new authors this year, there are a few that have stood out and here they are in my FAB FIVE list...In no particular order...

1.  A.M. Hargrove author of Exquisite Betrayal, Tragically Flawed, The Edge series, Dark Waltz...
AND MANY MORE...
I began my introduction to A.M. Hargrove with her book Dark Waltz.  It is Sci-Fi fantasy and it was phenomenal..I couldn't wait to read the next one... (Hint, hint) Yeah, I am still waiting...LOL...
But, after that I dove in to her Edge series books which are adult contemporary.  After that I was a slave to her writing.  If she put it out there I was devouring it as fast as she printed it.
Not one single book has been a disappointment...I have loved the intriguing storylines with awesome characters that she has created...She is definitely an author that I will continue to follow and salivate waiting for her next book...

2.  Lila Felix, author of the Love & Skate series, AnguiSH, Forced Autonomy, Seeking Havok, and sooooo many more...
My first book by Lila was Love and Skate.  A female lead that is in to Roller Derby and has blue hair?? Oh I am loving this...But this is also when we meet the Black family and find out just how families should be.  Each story in this series rocks you to you core and Lila sucked me in as a true fan from here on...

3.  Bailey Ardisone, author of the Sweet series.
*sighs* Sweet Oblivion is the first book I read by Bailey and boy did she knock it out of the ballpark. With a high fantasy storyline that moves you through two separate worlds, capturing the lives of some AMAZING characters, I was snared and knew I would be following this phenomenal author from here on...Then I read book 2 and GAH...I was hooked even more...


4.  Jessica Jaster author of Delta Project series...
I am just in awe of the sci-fi writing of Jessica.  When I read the first book in this series I was blown away and couldn't wait for book 2...and then BAM...got it and then book 3...
They are unique, intriguing, captivating...Brilliantly written with fantastic characters that you instantly connect to...

5. Heather Lyons, author of the Fate series.
Well, when I started this series with A Matter of Fate I was one torn up mess.  A love triangle embedded in this awesome fantasy story?? GAH!!
But, Heather knows how to write a phenomenal book and for me to fall completely in love with her books and know that I may not like the outcome proves how magnificent of a writer she is. 
As each book continued I began to realize that love triangle or not this series is AMAZING and no matter what Heather writes I will be reading it like a desert needs water...


Some honorable mentions that I just need to put out there...
  • I know Abbi Glines has been out there for a while, but 2013 was my first chance to read on of her books and The Vincent Boys was the best introduction in to the writing of hers.  Definitely an author I will be reading more of...
  • Sylvain Reynard with Gabriel's Inferno...I have read the whole series and have had book 1 on my TBR for a while...I am so thankful I have gotten the chance to read them and know that his brilliance for writing will have me reading everything he writes...Can't wait for the next book...
  • Katy Evans of the Real series...Yeah, this series was phenomenal...I don't know if I can even relay all the awesomeness that it is...but let me say I will definitely continue with her books...
  • Kristen Simmons of the Article 5 series...this is one of those dystopians novels that I just loved and couldn't get enough of...I am dying waiting on book 3 and know I will continue reading anything she puts out...

Wow. This past year brought us so many new authors and thanks to fellow readers/bloggers and other authors we found even more.
I'll start off with the debut authors I have been lucky enough to find, follow and support...


1. Staci Hart, author of the GOOD GODS series

What can I say about Staci? She's the bomb-diggity. She's fresh, unique, quirky and oh, so clever. She gave us one of the most outstanding twisted versions of the Greek gods and some of the hottest couples to hit the printed page.

I love her style, her sass, her off-color sense of humor- and she makes the best graphics around. Seriously, check out her covers. Those are all her, girlfriends. Creative. Uber-cool. All around awesomesauce. She's one to watch in 2014. Mark. My. Words. 


2. Caisey Quinn, author of GIRL WITH GUITAR (The Kylie Ryans Trilogy), KEEP ME STILL and STORM WARNING (with Elizabeth Lee)

Caisey's been a BUSY girl. First she made me fall for a hot Country music star. *Dude, I don't do Country* Next, a beautiful, broken high school soccer hottie. And then??? She brought a truckload of boys to the party in Storm Warning. No. It's not all about the boys. Really, it's not. She writes about difficult and heartbreaking relationships. The kind you lose yourself in. Sob yourself to sleep over. Make you throw books across the room. Curse, cuss, and scream. And fall in love all over again. She's quickly become one of my favorites and I'm so excited to see what she brings to the table this year. 


3. Chantal Fernando, author of CHASE, JAMES, MAYBE THIS TIME and more

Another busy girl. Chantal is a gem. An avid reader and major author supporter as part of the popular book page, YA Book Lover- and an amazing friend! I was thrilled to hear she was taking the leap and putting pen to paper. She knows hot. Hot alphas. Hot heroines. Hot storylines. Hot. Hot. Hot sexx.
She's versatile. Talented. And a force to be reckoned with. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching her quickly rise up the charts and I know she's only just begun to shake up the literary world. Watch out. She's gonna rock your socks off.

These last two were new to me in 2013, but they've got each got a great following and with what they have to offer, it's easy to see why. 


4. Jillian Dodd, author of The KEATYN CHRONICLES  and THAT BOY.

I took a chance on Jillian when her second Keatyn Chronicles book, Kiss Me, was being released and we jumped on the tour. What fun that was.
Jillian's book wasn't my typical read. I'm not big on the HS contemporary scene. Usually if I read something like this it involves the paranormal. And honestly, at first I thought it was a bit gratuitous and frivolous. I quickly changed my mind as her lead character began to grow. I came to love Keatyn, her family, her crazy life and style. Oh! Did I mention the boys??? Seven. Count em. Seven hotties. Well, let me just say, there is no way you can read these books and not fall for one or more or ALL of them. There's also a lot of suspense and uncertainty in this series. Plenty to keep you guessing, wishing, hoping and swooning.

Not only is she great at keeping you gripped to the pages, she has one of the best fan groups around. She's incredibly hands on with us all. Teasing, tempting, setting up theories- and blowing ours out of the water. It's constant chaos and bliss. She's also one of the most generous.


5. C.M. Stunich, author of HARD ROCK ROOTS series and more

I was searching for a good rock book. I haven't read many and was hoping to find something gritty, raw and real. Jack. Pot.
By far one of the best series I've read this year. Not only did she give me my latest obsession- self proclaimed rock god Turner Campbell, but she threw me front row and center into the rough and rowdy underbelly of two up and coming bands neck deep in dark secrets, troubled pasts, sex and drug addictions, and if that weren't enough... someone seemingly out to ruin them all. It's insane. It's dirty and sexy as hell. And it's freaking EPIC. And l can't get enough.


I'd be remiss if I didn't give honorable mention to these other fascinating authors:

•Rochelle Maya Callen who debuted the brilliant ASHES & ICE

•Kendall Grey who rocked my world with her HARD ROCK HARLOTS trilogy (Thank you, Gracen Miller for that kickass recommendation!)

•Fisher Amelie- the brilliant mind behind the SEVEN DEADLY series

Sooo..what did you think of our lists?? We hope that if you haven't read anything by these amazing authors that you will head out and pick up one of their books...
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I am so freakin honored I don't know what to say!!!! EEEP! Thank you for thinking of my books. I am sending you cyber (((HUGS))) right now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete