Saturday, December 29, 2012

DAC--Debut Author Challenge

We're excited to be participating in the 2013 Debut Author Challenge (DAC) hosted by Tara of Hobbitsies.
Doing this as a blog makes it much more interesting as you never know what one of us will choose. Seriously. You. Never. Know...
High Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Historical, Contemporary? We both kind of fell hard for the Contemps this past year. But the sky's the limit...and have you seen the lists??? So many good debuts hitting the shelves- digital included. We can't wait to get started.
Today we're just going to share one or two of our picks for January and February- we don't want to get ahead of ourselves. We know our lists will change. Evolve and grow. And change again. We'll add some, move some around, and flat out change our minds from time to time...but hey, ya gotta start somewhere, so we're starting HERE...
 Shelley
Already I've heard crazy praise for both of my January picks: THE  MADMAN'S DAUGHTER by Megan Shepherd and PROPHECY by Ellen Oh. I can't wait to get my hands on both. I absolutely LOVE the covers-  and the storylines??? Grabbed and compelled me to make them my first must reads of 2013.


For February? Easy choices here too. The first cover just...WOW! I absolutely LOVE it!!! DANCE OF SHADOWS by Yelena Black. Oh I MUST have it! I. MUST.
The second...I've not read any of this author's Adult books- I haven't read a lot of this genre- yet. But for Steampunk reads she was highly recommended by a fave author of mine, Devon Monk, so her YA debut has me beyond intrigued, and of course it's Steampunk too. *hollers* Oh my dear, Elena!!! Here it is: ETIQUETTE AND ESPIONAGE (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger. 



 Kathryn
 Well, I, like Shelley, am really excited about participating in the DAC this year.  There are some fabulous debuts coming out and I just can't wait to get my hands on them...
So, starting with January...I have two picked out already...
I am planning on reading SPLINTERED by A. G. Howard and LEVEL 2 by Lenore Applehans...



And for February, here are my choices....
DUALED by Elise Chapman and PANTOMIME by Laura Lam...



They all sound A-MAZ-ING don't they?! What's on your list? Have you signed up for the challenge? You've got nothing to lose and...more GREAT reads to gain.
Discover 2013's NEXT BIG THING(S) authors along with us.
GO. SIGN UP. AND LINK UP. You'll thank us later. Here's the link
May this be your best reading year yet! HAPPY 2013 and as always-- Happy Reading from US; Kathryn and Shelley, Tsk Tsk What to Read!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the interesting post :)

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our pleasure....We are really looking forward to this challenge too!!
      Happy New Year!!
      TSK TSK What to Read

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by, Beckey! ~Shelley

      Delete