Tuesday, December 25, 2012

TOP TEN Covers of 2012



Day 2 brings an abundance of COVER LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. It's no secret we're cover whores. We ogle, drool, run our fingers over the images, edges, embossing, and other tactile yumminess. Frankly we can't keep our hands off our books. Yes, we love how they smell too.
And while beauty is in the eye of the beholder...we think we be-holding some of the best. 

 Ahhhh....What is that makes a cover stand out to you?  What is it that sings to you...READ ME??? *shrugs* For me? It can be a number of things...uniqueness, use of color, design graphics, and just overall appeal is what draws me in and captivates me...
So, which covers make my top ten list of 2012??? Remember, these books had to be released this year as well...so here goes....(try not to get over stimulated by all the beauty you are about to see...)

Best Covers of 2012
(in no particular order)
Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker

Mercy, A Gargoyle Story by Misty Provencher

Until I Die by Amy Plum

Pixie Dust by D. C. Grace
Scorched Skies by Samantha Young
Allegiance by K. A. Tucker




Born in Flames by Candace Knoebel



The Wild Ones by Michelle Leighton



On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Honorable Mentions

Genesis Queen by Gracen Miller
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhoads

Wicked Fate by Tabatha Vargo
Gravity by Melissa West
Down to You by Michelle Leighton
Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Flutter by Melissa Andrea

Had to to split this into books READ and on my TBR pile. While there  many beautiful covers in the READ stack,  there are as many GORGEOUS images and artwork that I gaze at and admire on my TBR bookcase/shelves/coffee table/floor. LOL. Yes! They're EVERYWHERE. And I have to mention them. They're amazing- immediately caught my eye, and compelled me to BUY them. The KMM image is one I have DROOLED over as a wallpaper for a certain favorite book boyfriend. So, Into the Dreaming was a MUST HAVE. And Yes, I'm STILL drooling! Ah!  
My READ beauties:

Ironskin by Tina Connolly

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers



Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker


Scorched Skies by Samantha Young


Devil Du Jour by Deena Remiel


The ones I stare at and dream of reading:

Tin Swift by Devon Monk

Into the Dreaming by Karen Marie Moning


Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey


The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges


Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhoads



1 comment: