Thursday, December 27, 2012

TOP TEN of 2012 -- Book Boyfriends

Book Boyfriends is probably the easiest category for us both. Ok. Maybe not. There are too many possibilities- again. But are there really too many fishes in the sea? We think not. A girl needs options. We like variety. We like romance, and passion and- yup, we like to be swept off our feet.
Well, 2012 gave us all kinds of new crushes and left us lying bleeding and yet fulfilled over some old ones.
Overall this was a very good year for boyfriends of the fictional kind.
Did any of our boys make your list?
 Well, Each day of this Top Ten has not been easy.  I made my first list on Book Boyfriends and yeah...22...*shakes head*
I mean, how do I narrow this one down?  I love each and every one of these guys....AHHHH!!!!!
So, I am going to give you my top ten new guys for this year...yeah, my tried and true loves are still tops..ALWAYS...but some new ones entered the pic this year and I am going to introduce you to those...

Daemon Black from The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout



OMG!!  I immediately fell for this guy the minute he opened the door...He is snarky, fun, guarded, and of course oozes sexy all over the place....

Caleb Jacobson from Significance by Shelly Crane


Oh Caleb!! What a wonderful guy...Complete swoon worthy...He is sweet, considerate, will go to the ends of the earth for his beloved, and just plain HOT!!

Trick from The Wild Ones by Michelle Leighton


When I read this book and met Trick...He blew my mind...sexy, sweet, and fun...AND...a heart of gold that any girl would die for...Yeah, he is definitely here on my top ten!!

Braden Carmichael from On Dublin Street by Samantha Young


Well, well, well....Braden is one of those guys that just gets under your skin and causes everything to boil...he is hot, sexy, passionate, caring, strong...oh this list could go on forever...

Fane from The Grey Wolves series by Quinn Loftis


My Romanian Wolfpack prince...Fane...
Let me just say that I wish I had my own wolf...*sighs* 
He is pretty much everything you would want in a guy...all the snarky, overbearing...I'm the guy BS too...

Dade Blue-Therror from The Amethyst Dragon series by D. C. Grace


Ah Dade!!  My Amethyst dragon....From the world of Avalon...the dragon fae are unique creatures and Dade is definitely unique...*mmmm....*

David Chios from Creatura by Nely Cab


What is there to say about David??  Oh I shall begin with how sweet and romantic he is...completely giving himself to the one he loves...*sighs* AND...he is a poet writing poems that will just melt you...

Henry from The Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter
Our favorite god of the Underworld??  Yep, he is definitely on my list...he is the quiet shy type, that exudes power and sex...yet with everything...you completely fall in love with him...

Jai from The Fire Spirits series by Samantha Young
 Being introduced to the Jinn in this series was fantastic because meeting Jai was HOT!!  And let me tell you, there are some moments...LIT ON FIRE!!!

Oscar from HALE MAREE by Misty Provencher


Now here is a guy that is down right SEXY!!  I was immediately captivated by Oscar and I can tell you this...I would have married him with no hesitations... :)

Trent from Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker
Mysterious, sexy guy turns in to devoted lover...oh yes!!
Oh does Trent capture your heart and squeeze it tightly??? Indeed he does... 

Zeph from Dark Angel's Ward by Nia Shay


Mmmm....hot sexy angel...need I say more??

Chase from The One by Heather Self
Oh Chase...This guy had me from the moment he walked in to the picture...He is snarky, hot, sexy, passionate, a fighter...oh this list could go on and on...but...mmmm....

Well, here you go...Some of my favorites that have been my top ten for a while..They aren't new to me this year so, I didn't mention above...BUT..just wanted to throw them out there...
Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Cassie Clare...
Ash from The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
Rhage from BDB by J. R. Ward (re-read it this year)
Zen from the Road to Hell series by Gracen Miller
Bones from Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
(read The Reckoning, his prequel story this year)


Awww, Book Boyfriends. I get incredibly attached to these fictional morsels. My love for them never wains...hmm, well, that's not exactly true, but for the most part Once a BF, Always a BF.
Just to show how fickle I can be- I've found a few new ones this year- Here's just a taste of all the beefcake:
While I fell many times in 2012 these were my biggest crushes- those I would squash you like a bug for should you look at them the wrong way...or too long. I did say they were MINE. Didn't I?!? Possessive much? You. Have. No. Idea.

Braden Carmichael: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young: 
Where do I begin. Sex. On. Two. Legs. This man has got it all. I shouldn't have to tell you this. He's hot hot HOT AND Scottish. HOTT! 

Dademon Blue- Therror (Dade): Dragon Wings and Pixie Dust by D.C. Grace:

The sweetest man. The mightiest warrior. Quotes Shakespeare. Shifts into a DRAGON- he's Dragon Fae. Carries a sword. Risks it all for his true love. Lives in Avalon. AVALON, girls!!! What more could you want???!

Garrett: Cornerstone and Keystone by Misty Provencher:
Another hottie with compassion and loads of passion.

Christian Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L. James: 
He had me at "Kinky F****ery". Gawd! I fell hard for this 50 shades of f****ed up. There's nothing I love more than a broken man saved by love. When you get into the heart of the story- inside Christian's soul, see things through his eyes AND Ana's, you can't help but be taken in.
I want MORE of him. 

Tyre: Uprising by Dawn Jayne: 
How do I describe him??? Angelic perfection and Hell on wheels. Wow, he's just...WOW! Intense. Intense. INTENSE. Cocky. Superior. Above reproach. And completely irresistible.

Adam: Wicked Fate by Tabatha Vargo:
 Ah! I LOVE this boy. He's a dream. A wish come true. A spell...well, anyway you slice it, he's swell. 

My recurring favorites: This year these heartthrobs prove once again, why they're always on the top of this ever changing pile of swoon-worthy- heartbreaking-drop to your knees-fire in the belly kindler's of the male persuasion.
Jai: Scorched Skies and Borrowed Ember by Samantha Young:

Each time I get more Jai, I fall that much harder for him. As his heart opens up to Ari and possibilities, he becomes more vulnerable and even more passionate. He's nearly perfect. 

Jace: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare: 
It always seems like FOREVER before we get more Jace. Sometimes my crush fades, then Cassie sprinkles his yumminess all over twitter and tumblr with teasers (I become erratic, waiting with bated breath..), and the new installment finally releases. It's pure torture. I quickly DEVOUR the next book and remember why I love him all over again. And THEN mourn the time I must wait yet AGAIN for more. But I concede, he is ALWAYS WORTH THE WAIT.

Ash: Iron Legends & The Lost Prince by Julie Kajawa:
  My always and forever. We got two (2!!!) YUMMY doses of Ash this year. I'm sure I don't need to explain my love for Ice Boy. Tall, dark, handsome, dangerous, loyal and...oh come on! What more do you want?!?! Oh yeah- he throws ICE DAGGERS!

Micah Dominus: Hell's Phoenix and Genesis Queen by Gracen Miller:
 My OTHER always and forever. He oozes sex and sensuality. Micah was on my villains list as well. Most do see him as pure evil. He's certainly not a pushover or a pussycat, but he's one HAWT fallen angel. The best of the baddest. Yes, I sold my heart and soul to this kinky King of Hell- and I've got the t-shirt to prove it.

Honorable mentions: Crushes worth sharing:
Lorenzo from My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
Isaac (The Goblin from King) from Greta and The Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs

2 comments:

  1. Daemon, Braden, Ash, Jace, Christian, Henry, Caleb!!!! Love them all! I hope to read Hale Maree, Ten Tiny Breathes, and The One soon!
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEK! Tyre made Shelley's list - too cool, and he is in SUCH amazing company! XD
    I have particular trouble tearing my eyes away from Genesis Queen and Scorched Skies. Le sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete