Wednesday, December 26, 2012

TOP TEN of 2012-- Blogger's Choice


Today's category for the Top Ten of 2012 was blogger's choice. We both chose a topic and so we're each introducing our own lists.
We saw this as a chance to show you a little more of our personalities and individuality. We had fun. We hope you do. We are after all here for your entertainment as well as our own. LOL.

For our Blogger's Choice category I've chosen to list the Best Villains because honestly they most often drive the story and give our heroes purpose. You couldn't have conflict and epic battles without them. And 2012 handed me the mother lode of mischief makers, puppet masters and life changers. They are brilliant. And all made and impact on me this year.
I'm not ashamed to say some of these evil (?) doers are known as my Book Boyfriends. What can I say, I like bad boys- and the badder, lol, the better.
*In no particular order out of fear for my safety*

1. Micah from Hell's Phoenix and Genesis Queen by Gracen Miller: Many of Gracen's fan actually say they hate Micah. He's evil, manipulative and irredeemable. I say he's the hottest, most misunderstood and under appreciated...*sputters* Oh everyone knows I sold my heart and soul to Micah. He had me at "Yours, I presume." LOL. But it's ALL true. And I LOVE him...Wait? Why is he on my  Villains list???

2. Adam from Stolen and Chosen by Ella James: Uptight, intense, driven by what he believes to be "the truth" and protocol. He can be lethal and unintentional comedy relief in the same scene. 

3. Asmodeous from Scorched Skies and Borrowed Ember by Samantha Young: Intriguing, alluring and terrifying. His immense presence alone would strike fear in the strongest of Jinn and mortals. 

4. Lokesh from Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck: Pure evil. Manipulative. Sadistic. That is all. 

5. Petra from Hell's Phoenix and Genesis Queen by Gracen Miller *the ONLY villainess on my list*: Bad girl gone... well... as the daughter of a King of Hell (KoA), she's a ruthless demon, scary and sexy as hell (just like her daddy), and highly entertaining. She gives the men a real run for their money.

6. Palamonge from Pixie Dust by D.C. Grace: Brimming with ancient dark magic, he is powerful, dangerous and slightly insane. Shakespeare would be impressed. 

7. Avari from the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent. *I read the first five books this year. Thank you, Rachel Clark for the ALL of the books and hosting SSRC.*
Ah, Avari. I can't even describe him. But he's brilliant. And I thoroughly hate him. If you're a Soul Screamers fan you know what I'm talking about.

8. Sebastian from City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare: Crafty, sexy, a truly tortured soul.

9. Truce from Mercy, A Gargoyle Story by Misty Provencher: Cryptic, seemingly narcissistic, greedy. Wonderfully eloquent and compelling.

10. Abraxas aka Brax from Dark Angel's Ward by Nia Shay: Mysterious, sexy, persuasive, often obnoxious and fascinating. 

I have one honorable mention. He's also a Book Boyfriend, but I haven't finished the 2012 release of his series quite yet. Meaning I can't add him to tomorrow's list so I'm adding him here... It. Is. Not. Cheating. ;)

Micah Bayar from The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima: Micah is one if my all time favorites. He's a hot, young wizard still trying to find his true self. A victim of circumstances, mainly his birthright. A often uses Raisa's past affections against her and abuses his magic. He's a bad, bad boy. And a delicious part of the Seven Realms saga.

Not only are the villains listed above phenomenally written so are each of the books from whence they come alive. ALL MUST READS. And read again. 

 For me, I decided to go with my top ten Contemporaries for 2012.  I chose this because, before this year, I never read contemporaries.  So...here I am....I have a top ten favorites list for contemporaries.. :D

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker

The Wild Ones by Michelle Leighton

Down to You by Michelle Leighton

HALE MAREE by Misty Provencher

Easy by Tammara Webber


Going Under by Georgia Cates

Shallow by Georgia Cates
 
Fifty Shades of Grey
 
Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James 
 

1 comment:

  1. The only villains I *KNOW* are Avari and Sebastian, and I think they were both quite good. Not a big fan of the Fifty Shades series (not in the sense that I'm hating on the books, just had some specific issues with them) but they are the only Contemporaries I've read... Just realized that I should read more Contemps. *g*

    Happy Holidays you two!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete