Monday, December 24, 2012

TOP TEN of 2012

Well, here we are nearing the end of 2012 and someone (we're not pointing fingers---> Rachel and Jamie<----) thought it would be a grand idea to have a week of our favorites for the year. Five days of favorite reads, covers, characters and then some.

 
Our first task...Our Top Ten Reads for 2012.
What a task this was. We both read a plethora of wonderful books. Some sweet, some dark, a lot HOT and all simply A-MAZ-ING.
So here's our attempt at showcasing what stood out for us in the book world in 2012. We hope some of these books made your list too. And if we helped you find a few- well then our work is done. ;)
 
By far the hardest of our lists to choose for this event. I read several absolutely amazing books in 2012.
I've listed the ones I would recommend to ALL of my friends and the ones I would- and do go back to again and again.
Best of 2012
Pixie Dust by D.C. Grace
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Ironskin by Tina Connally
Uprising by Dawn Jayne
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Mercy by Misty Provencher
Borrowed Ember by Samantha Young
Hell's Phoenix/Genesis Queen both by Gracen Miller < there is NO way I can choose between the two>

Honorable mentions (Really there are more than that. If you haven't read them, you simply must.)
Wicked Fate by Tabatha Vargo
Born In Flames by Candace Knoebel
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Fifty Shades by E.L. James


I also have to list my Top Ten for books read in 2012 but released prior. They are just TOO GOOD to go without mentioning.
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
If I Die by Rachel Vincent
Dead Iron by Devon Monk
Envy by Gregg Olsen
Dark Angel's Ward by Nia Shay
Witch Song by Amber Argyle
Creatura by Nely Cab
Dragon Wings by D.C. Grace
Cornerstone by Misty Provencher
Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young
 
Well, I have had the HARDEST time choosing only 10...man, choosing only 15 was still impossible...
I started my list and then counted once I felt good about it and there were 35 books on it...*laughs* so, I shook my head and started working on it more....
And now, I have narrowed it down (barely) but just so you know...I have read some MIND-BLOWING books this year....BEYOND PHENOMENAL...When I chose these books, it was because they were the first to enter my mind when recommending...these are the books that deep inside I carry pieces of them with me....
So, I hope you enjoy....
Best of 2012 
(released this year & in no particular order)
On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker
The Wild Ones by M. Leighton (Down to You as well)
Easy by Tammara Webber
Mercy, A Gargoyle Story by Misty Provencher
The Mephisto Kiss by Trinity Faegan
Elfin by Quinn Loftis
Obsidian (Onyz, Opal) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genesis Queen by Gracen Miller
Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Honorable Mentions:
Uprising by Dawn Jayne
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen
Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione
Until I Die by Amy Plum
The One by Heather Self
Wicked Fate by Tabatha Vargo

Best of 2012 
(released before 2012 & in no particular order)
Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (LOVE this whole series really...)
Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young (whole series again...)
Creatura by Nely Cab
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis (another GREAT series)
Dark Angel's Ward by Nia Shay
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Dragon Wings by D. C. Grace
Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring
Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young (yep, another GREAT series by her...) 

Significance by Shelly Crane (whole series!!)
 
So....There you go...Our Top Ten Best Read of 2012....
Let us know what you think...what would be on your Best of 2012 list???
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, there are too many awesome books on your list to count! I need to add a few of these to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, you do! LOL. I need to catch with Kathryn. IMPOSSIBLE. ;)
      Thanks for stopping by, Carmel! ~S

      Delete
  2. What an awesome list! Significance was one of my top ten last year and On Dublin Street are one of my favorite New Adult books (which I'll be listing on the 26th). I'm currently reading Ten Tiny Breaths and it's really really good so far. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read On Dublin Street! Cornerstone was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Lori!!! You simply MUST READ ODS A.S.A.P. Seriously. Cornerstone WAS Great. Love everything by Sam AND Misty. ~S

      Delete